Saturday 8 March 2008

The One Show

Does anyone watch The One Show (shown at 7-7.30pm on BBC 1 funnily enough)? Normally I would only have this on in the background whilst waiting for something decent, like football, to come on or whilst clearing up the dishes. Christine Bleakley is as bland as a damp teabag, but recently they have had as guests two of the greatest rock GODS of all time in Robert Plant and Roger Daltrey! I never though I'd hear the legendary Led Zeppelin frontman talking about the declining sparrow population on a sofa with the amiable MOTD 2 presenter Adrian Chiles. Fair play to them for pulling in the big names when it really matters. Makes my weekday evening housework all the more enjoyable. Of course, I'm absolutely positive that his appearance on the show had nothing whatsoever to do with the recent release of his album, Raising Sands, in which he duets with Alison Krauss.

3 comments:

Owen Polley said...

Haven't seen it for a while, but I do find it bizarre the way they ask the celebraties about their subject of the day, whether it relates to them or not.

Nice photo btw. Riga market if I'm not mistaken?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hernandez said...

It certainly is Riga Chekov, as is clear from the MET Type-80 paving stones which are obviously only used in the Baltic region. Outside possibly the biggest market I've ever been to.